I had started a website four years back without knowing where the money would flow in. My only investment was time and I was quite motivated to bring up the content for my website. My site did top the results in various search engines but I was still struggling to convert the traffic (visitors to a site) into serious cash. During that period, I thought the only way was to put up the commission basis ads which pay webmasters only the share of the sale that happens through a visitor’s action. One needs to be very lucky and at the same time have huge traffic to get such ads work. The other option was the Google AdSense which has some stringent policies and needed to be used with a lot of care. Well in this post, I would like to share certain basic information about making money from a website.

Before all that, let me tell you that I am writing this mainly for the sake of upcoming Indian Blogger's and Site Owners. So I will stick with the Indian Rupee wherever possible. This article however will be handy for any website coming from any country as the basics are the same wherever you are.

In these last four years, there has been a rapid increase in the Online Advertising Networks. These Networks have been providing Webmasters (who are called as Publishers) the various models of Ad inventory. Some of the most common models are the CPC, CPM and the CPA. I shall give a brief info about all the three models here.

For getting more revenue, the mantra is to gather more traffic and at the same time to strategically have the right kind of advertisement placements. Webmasters do need to experiment a lot with different banner sizes and positions of advertisements on their pages and come to know which style suits them well. Anyway, back to the three general Ad models:...LINK